Enroll in the University of Iowa 2023 Fall I-Corps workshop organized by the John Pappajohn Entrepreneur Center (JPEC) if you wish to turn your research into practical real-world applications. Meeting four times over the course of several weeks, Iowa JPEC’s NSF I-Corps Workshop is designed to provide University of Iowa faculty, staff, and students with an opportunity to develop marketable ideas and accelerate the startup process. If you are looking to make an impact with your research, joining our NSF I-Corps program is a great place to start. This workshop will give participants an introduction to the Lean Launchpad methodology and familiarize them with the Business Model Canvas and customer discovery. At the conclusion of the program, participants are encouraged to apply for the national level with the NSF I-Corps program where you can be eligible to be awarded up to $50,000 in funding.
- Familiarizing oneself with Lean LaunchPad concepts and tools like customer discovery, ecosystem mapping, and the Value Proposition Canvas.
- Understanding customers’ problems (“pain points”) from their perspective.
- Mapping the customer ecosystem to comprehend customer roles, requirements, and decision processes.
- Establishing connections with the commercial ecosystem, including customers, suppliers, and funders, for innovation.
- Exploring pathways to startup launch.
- Evaluating the potential of research discoveries or technologies.
- Discovering the societal impact of innovations as usable technologies.
- Enhancing research proposals for securing funding.
- Obtaining eligibility to apply for $50,000 grant from the National NSF I-Corps team grant.
Dates: April 1, April 8, April 15, April 22
Time: 6-8 p.m.
Sessions held virtually via Zoom
Please fill out the following application and you will be contacted by program staff regarding acceptance. Questions can be directed to Shannon Henderson, Shannonemail@example.com.