Local I-Corps courses use the Lean LaunchPad method to give participants a working knowledge of how to think about their innovation ideas from a business and customer perspective, as well as how to properly conduct customer discovery interviews; the first step in any commercialization process. This course provides a set of skills and entrepreneurial knowledge that can be applied to any career path. Local I-Corps courses are typically based at individual universities and are usually open to non-university participants as well.
Benefits of the Program
- Develop best practices for conducting customer discovery and identifying key stakeholders.
- Learn, practice, and hone your innovation skills.
- Improve the odds for commercial success.
- Understand market trends and needs in your ecosystem.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Obtain eligibility to apply for $50,000 and attend the National NSF I-CorpsTM team grant.
- Prepare for applying to the SBIR or STTR programs.
The application process begins with an application submission to the program of the team’s choosing. In the days following an application submission, the team will be contacted by a member of the Great Lakes Regional I-Corps Hub team with additional details regarding next steps.