PATHWAYS TO IMPACT
Pathways to Impact workshops are designed to help researchers think about impact beyond the laboratory and the publication. The workshops will help PhD students, PostDocs, and Faculty members at universities adopt an entrepreneurial mindset to question how they ultimately hope their research and careers will make an impact. Unlike the Local, Regional, and National I-Corps programs, participants in Pathways to Impact workshops are not expected to have a technology commercialization idea in mind.
Benefits of the Program
- Provide participants with a new framework to view their research goals.
- Expose participants to the entrepreneurial mindset, and how it can help guide their research and career.
- Inspire researchers to explore–through outside stakeholders and their own community–how their research/discoveries might be implemented for societal impact.
- Provide a set of tools to shape participants’ research objectives to be more use-inspired and impactful.
- Reduce psychological barriers and conceptual misunderstandings about innovation that prevent people from seeing themselves as inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs.
The registration process begins with an application submission to the program of the individual’s choosing. In the days after applying, participants will be contacted by a member of the Great Lakes Regional I-Corps Hub team with additional details regarding next steps.