Winter 2023 University of Michigan I-Corps
March 3, 2023 @ 9:00 am - April 14, 2023 @ 11:00 am ESTFree
This online workshop will help you explore the commercial viability of your innovation idea. You will learn a process to systematically test key assumptions about your idea and the customer problems it might solve better than current alternatives. This is the critical first step toward commercial success for any venture.
- Develop familiarity with Lean LaunchPad concepts and tools such as customer discovery, ecosystem mapping, and the Business Model Canvas Understand customers’ problems (“pain points”) from THEIR perspective.
- Map your customer ecosystem to understand customer roles, requirements, and decision processes.
- Build connections to the commercial ecosystem (i.e. customers, suppliers, funders) for your innovation.
- Become eligible for the NSF I-Corps National Teams program and $50,000 grant for qualifying technologies and teams (only deep-tech, university-based teams who complete at least 20-30 customer discovery interviews)
- Receive up to $500 in funding for customer discovery-related expenses including but not limited to virtual conference fees and premium LinkedIn accounts
- Learn, practice, and hone your innovation skills.
- Improve the odds for commercial success.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Prepare for applying to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer programs.
Friday, March 3 | 9:00-11:00am | Course Orientation
Friday, March 17 | 9:00-11:00am | Ecosystem Mapping
Friday, March 31 | 9:00-11:00am | Hypothesis Development
Friday, April 14 | 9:00-11:00am | Value Propositions
Please fill out the following application and you will be contacted within 2 business days regarding acceptance. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.