Do you want to translate your research into impactful real-world applications? Join UW-Madison’s Technology Entrepreneurship Office (TEO) for the 2024 Spring I-Corps. workshop! This free, six-week, non-credit, virtual workshop uses evidence-based strategies for achieving entrepreneurial success and is open to research faculty, staff, and students at any higher education institution. With help from NSF I-Corps trained instructors and the TEO Hi-Tech Mentor Network, participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of their future customers and market ecosystem.
In addition to gaining eligibility for the national program and $50,000 grant, participating in the 6-week course may:
- Increase your team’s ability to compete for other commercialization grants, e.g. NSF PFI (Partnerships for Innovation), SBIR/STTR, and NSF GOALI (Grant Opportunities for Academic Liaison with Industry).
- Gain valuable market insight to inform the next steps for creating impact with your research.
- Gain unique professional development experience appropriate for a broad range of career paths, from academic to industry to startup.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors
- Learn, practice, and hone your innovation skills.
- February 08 (5-7:30 pm CT) Workshop Orientation
- February 15 (5-7:30 pm CT) Value Proposition Canvas- Customer Profile, Interviewing, and Beachhead
- February 22 (5:00-7:30 pm CT) Value Proposition Canvas- Value Map, Hypothesis Testing, Ecosystem Mapping
- February 29 (5:00-7:30 pm CT) Problem-Solution Fit
- March 07 (5:00-6:00 pm CT) Q&A Session (Optional)
- March 14 (5:00-7:00 pm CT) Presentations Session
This workshop will require a time commitment of approximately four-six hours/week, on average. This includes attending all required sessions, a minimum of four office hours with an assigned team mentor, and a minimum of 20 customer discovery interviews (planning, scheduling, conducting interviews, and recording results to be shared with instructors and mentors).
Please fill out the following application. Questions can be directed to Bonnie Bachman at firstname.lastname@example.org.