Enroll in the University of Iowa 2023 Fall I-Corps workshop organized by the John Pappajohn Entrepreneur Center (JPEC) if you wish to turn your research into practical real-world applications. This virtual workshop, lasting four weeks and offered free of charge, follows proven strategies for entrepreneurial success. It is available to grad students, research faculty, and staff. With the guidance of NSF I-Corps trained instructors and the JPEC Mentors, participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of their target customers and market landscape. This workshop will give participants an introduction to the Lean Launchpad methodology and familiarize them with the Business Model Canvas and customer discovery. At the conclusion of the program, participants are encouraged to apply for the national level with the NSF I-Corps program
where you can be eligible to be awarded up to $50,000 in funding.
- Familiarizing oneself with Lean LaunchPad concepts and tools like customer discovery, ecosystem mapping, and the Value Proposition Canvas.
- Understanding customers’ problems (“pain points”) from their perspective.
- Mapping the customer ecosystem to comprehend customer roles, requirements, and decision processes.
- Establishing connections with the commercial ecosystem, including customers, suppliers, and funders, for innovation.
- Exploring pathways to startup launch.
- Evaluating the potential of research discoveries or technologies.
- Discovering the societal impact of innovations as usable technologies.
- Enhancing research proposals for securing funding.
- Obtaining eligibility to apply for $50,000 grant from the National NSF I-Corps team grant.
Session II: Oct. 23, Oct. 30, Nov. 6, Nov. 13
Time: 6-8 p.m.
Sessions held virtually via Zoom
Please fill out the following application and you will be contacted by program staff regarding acceptance. Questions can be directed to Shannon Henderson, Shannonemail@example.com.