« All Events
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign I-Corps – Spring 2024
January 24, 2024 @ 4:00 pm - February 28, 2024 @ 6:30 pm CST Free
I-Corps Short Courses use the Lean LaunchPad method to give participants a working knowledge of how to think about their innovation ideas from a business and customer perspective, as well as how to conduct customer discovery interviews; the first step in any commercialization process. This course provides a set of skills and entrepreneurial knowledge that can be applied to any career path. Held on campus, the short courses are typically open to non-university participants as well.
Benefits of the Program
- Develop best practices for conducting customer discovery and identifying key stakeholders.
- Learn, practice, and hone your innovation skills. Improve the odds for commercial success.
- Understand market trends and needs in your ecosystem.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Obtain eligibility to apply for $50,000 grant from the National NSF I-Corps team grant.
- Prepare for applying to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer programs.
- Familiarizing oneself with Lean LaunchPad concepts and tools like customer discovery, ecosystem mapping, and the Value Proposition Canvas.
- Understanding customers’ problems (“pain points”) from their perspective.
- Mapping the customer ecosystem to comprehend customer roles, requirements, and decision processes.
- Establishing connections with the commercial ecosystem, including customers, suppliers, and funders, for innovation.
- 1/24 I-Corps Kickoff 4:00 – 5:30pm CT
- 1/31 I-Corps Session #1 4:00 – 6:30pm CT
- 2/14 I-Corps Session #2 4:00 – 6:30pm CT
- 2/28 I-Corps Final Session 4:00 – 6:30pm CT
Please fill out the following application and you will be contacted by program staff regarding acceptance. Questions can be directed to Kearsa Rawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.