Turn your ideas into reality with UIC Innovation! The NSF I-Corps program gives participants an introduction to the Lean Launchpad methodology and familiarize them with the Business Model Canvas and customer discovery. At the conclusion of the program, participants are encouraged to apply for the national level with the NSF I-Corps program where you can be eligible to be awarded up to $50,000 in funding. This course provides a set of skills and entrepreneurial knowledge that can be applied to any career path.
- Familiarizing oneself with Lean LaunchPad concepts and tools like customer discovery, ecosystem mapping, and the Value Proposition Canvas.
- Understanding customers’ pain points from their perspective.
- Mapping the customer ecosystem to comprehend customer roles, requirements, and decision processes.
- Establishing connections with the commercial ecosystem, including customers, suppliers, and funders, for innovation.
- Develop best practices for conducting customer discovery and identifying key stakeholders.
- Learn, practice, and hone your innovation skills. Improve the odds for commercial success.
- Understand market trends and needs in your ecosystem.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Obtain eligibility to apply for $50,000 grant from the National NSF I-Corps team grant.
- Prepare for applying to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer programs.
Kick-Off: March 26 – 4:30pm to 7pm
Mid-Point Check-In: April 9 – 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Final Session: April 18 – 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Registration deadline: March 15, 2024
*Sessions held in-person with virtual option
Please fill out the following application and you will be contacted by program staff regarding acceptance. Questions can be directed to Kristin Roadman, firstname.lastname@example.org