University of Chicago Polsky I-Corps Program Fall 2023
October 13 @ 9:30 am - December 1 @ 12:00 pm CDTFree
In 2014, the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation launched the Innovation Corps (I-Corps) program to empower UChicago scientists, researchers, and students to test the commercial potential of their research and ideas. Supported with funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) through the Great Lakes Region I-Corps Hub, and run by the Polsky Center, the I-Corps program is specifically designed for participants working on projects related to the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields. Participants are not required to have previous experience in business or entrepreneurship in order to be accepted into the I-Corps program.
- Develop familiarity with Lean LaunchPad concepts and tools such as customer discovery, ecosystem mapping, and the Business Model Canvas.
- Understand customers’ problems (“pain points”) from THEIR perspective.
- Map your customer ecosystem to understand customer roles, requirements, and decision processes.
- Build connections to the commercial ecosystem (i.e. customers, suppliers, funders) for your innovation.
- Become eligible for the NSF I-Corps National Teams program and $50,000 grant for qualifying technologies and teams (only deep-tech, university-based teams who complete at least 20-30 customer discovery interviews)
- Improve the odds for commercial success.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Prepare for applying to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR) programs.
Session 1: October 13, 9:30 – 11:30am CT
Session 2: October 20, 9:30 – 11:30am CT
Session 3: November 3, 9:30 – 11:30am CT
Session 4: November 17, 9:30 – 11:30am CT
Session 5: December 1, 9:30am – 12:00pm CT
Application Deadline: August 24th
Please fill out the following application. Questions can be directed to Ellen.Zatkowski@chicagobooth.edu.