Spring 2023 University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign I-Corps Course
February 8, 2023 @ 4:00 pm - March 22, 2023 @ 6:30 pm CSTFree
- Develop familiarity with Lean LaunchPad concepts and tools such as customer discovery, ecosystem mapping, and the Business Model Canvas Understand customers’ problems (“pain points”) from THEIR perspective.
- Map your customer ecosystem to understand customer roles, requirements, and decision processes.
- Build connections to the commercial ecosystem (i.e. customers, suppliers, funders) for your innovation.
- Become eligible for the NSF I-Corps National Teams program and $50,000 grant for qualifying technologies and teams (only deep-tech, university-based teams who complete at least 20-30 customer discovery interviews)
- Receive up to $1,000 in funding for customer discovery-related expenses including but not limited to virtual conference fees and premium LinkedIn accounts (NSF eligible teams only)
- Learn, practice, and hone your innovation skills.
- Improve the odds for commercial success.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Prepare for applying to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer programs.
- Wednesday, February 8 | 4:00-5:30pm CT
- Wednesday, February 22 | 4:00-6:30pm CT
- Wednesday, March 8 | 4:00-6:30pm CT
- Wednesday, March 22 | 4:00-6:30pm CT
Please fill out the following application and you will be contacted within 2 business days regarding acceptance. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.