Spring 2023 Iowa State University I-Corps
March 1, 2023 @ 5:30 pm - April 5, 2023 @ 7:30 pm CSTFree
The ISU I-Corps program is a training ground for faculty, postdoctoral, graduate, and undergraduate students to learn how to increase the impact of their research by exploring the commercial potential of their research and technology. The five-week curriculum focuses on customer discovery to support the transition of ideas, devices, processes, or intellectual activities into the marketplace or for broader societal impact. This can be realized through the formation of new start-up businesses, licensing agreements, or identifying funding sources to support additional research.
In addition to offering industry exposure and entrepreneurial training for participating teams, the ISU I-Corps program will provide advice, resources, networking opportunities, and infrastructure for exploring commercialization opportunities, as well as connections to resources and programming available through the regional Great Lakes I-Corps Hub and the local innovation ecosystem. Teams that complete the I-Corps program are eligible to receive $1,000 mini-grants to support continued customer discovery and/or prototyping efforts to advance their innovations towards commercialization.
- Become eligible for the NSF I-Corps National Teams program and $50,000 grant for qualifying technologies and teams (only deep-tech, university-based teams who complete at least 20-30 customer discovery interviews).
- Increase chances of receiving commercialization grants such as PFI-TT or SBIR/STTR.
- Gain valuable market insight to inform the next steps for creating impact from your idea.
- Gain an exceptional professional development experience appropriate for any career path— academic, industry, startup or other.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Learn, practice, and hone your innovation skills.
- March 1 | 5:30-7:30 pm CT | Kick-off Session
- Week of March 6 | Office Hours
- March 22 |5:30-7:30 pm CT | Midpoint Session
- Week of March 27 | Office Hours
- April 5 |5:30-7:30 pm CT | Wrap-up Session
Please fill out the following application and you will be contacted within 2 business days regarding acceptance. Questions can be directed to Kris Johansen at firstname.lastname@example.org.