About the Workshop
This Platform Technology Assessment Workshop is designed for innovators who have developed breakthrough and/or early-stage technologies that could be developed for multiple market applications, and who now need to determine a starting point and trajectory to achieve their vision.
This program is primarily intended for teams accepted into the 2024 Summer National I-Corps cohorts. In addition to your Technical Lead, Entrepreneurial Lead, and Industry Mentor, we recommend that you include your technology commercialization manager. As a group, you will:
- Refine your understanding of the unique, differentiating capabilities of your technology.
- Identify real-world problems your technology has the potential to solve better than available alternatives.
- Assess and prioritize the feasibility of potential application opportunities based on level of uncertainty, risk, and market potential.
- Design an overall development roadmap including your initial “lilypad” application and risk-mitigation strategy.
Through this course, you will:
- Identify a lower risk path to high impact commercial innovation.
- Inform your use-inspired research agenda.
- Identify an effective starting point for customer discovery in the NSF I-Corps Teams program.
- Upon completion of the workshop, you will have identified a logical starting point for your commercialization journey as well as a longer-term roadmap of innovation opportunities to guide your research and strengthen your case for commercialization funding.
The workshop consists of two sessions:
- April 23, 10am-1pm ET
- April 30, 10am-1pm ET
Please fill out the following registration form. Questions can be directed to email@example.com