Fall 2023 STEM Jumpstart Regional I-Corps Course
September 29 @ 12:00 pm - November 17 @ 2:00 pm EDTFree
- Develop familiarity with Lean LaunchPad concepts and tools such as customer discovery, value proposition design, and business model canvas
- Understand customers’ problems (“pain points”) from THEIR perspective
- Map your customer ecosystem to understand customer roles, requirements, and decision processes
- Identify modifications to your technology assumptions required to achieve product-market fit
- Build connections to the commercial ecosystem (i.e. customers, suppliers, funders) for your innovation
- Explore the size of your potential market, assess the competition, and identify a first target market
- Develop a commercialization roadmap identifying key milestones and required resources to move your idea forward
- Become eligible for the NSF I-Corps National Teams program and $50,000 grant for qualifying technologies and teams (only deep-tech, university-based teams who complete at least 20-30 customer discovery interviews).
- Receive up to $1,000 in funding for customer discovery-related expenses including but not limited to conference fees, travel, and premium LinkedIn accounts.
- Prepare for applying to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
- Gain valuable market insight to inform the next steps in your research and/or development.
- Develop network connections and receive mentoring from experienced industry experts and entrepreneurs
- Develop the entrepreneurial mindset and toolset needed for a career in academia, industry, startups, or government
- Friday, Sept 29 – Course Orientation
- Friday, Oct 6 – Product-Market Fit
- Friday, Oct 20 – Customer Discovery
- Friday, Nov 3 – Market Assessment
- Friday, Nov 17 – Commercialization Assessment