Fall 2022 University of Akron/University of Toledo I-Corps
October 7 @ 9:00 am - November 18 @ 11:30 am EDTFree
The I-Corps Program supports teams through an intensive 7-meeting critical evaluation. Our goal is to help faculty, students, and the community answer important questions about their business, product, or technology idea through coaching and direct customer interactions.
The I-Corps program can help you:
- Get clarity on your customer
- Learn and apply best practices on the business model canvas
- Get direct feedback on your business idea
- Expand your network and access needed resources
- Level up your business!
- Become eligible for the NSF I-Corps National Teams program and $50,000 grant for qualifying technologies and teams (only deep-tech, university-based teams who complete at least 20-30 customer discovery interviews)
- Learn, practice, and hone your innovation skills.
- Improve the odds for commercial success.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Prepare for applying to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer programs.
Week 1: Friday, October 7, 2022 (GroupMeeting)
Week 2: Friday, October 14, 2022 (IndividualMeeting)
Week 3: Friday, October 21, 2022 (GroupMeeting)
Week 4: Friday, October 28, 2022 (IndividualMeeting)
Week 5: Friday, November 4, 2022 (GroupMeeting)
Week 6: Friday, November 11, 2022 (Panel)
Week 7: Friday, November 18, 2022 (GroupMeeting final presentations)
All I-Corps meeting sessions will be held virtually.
Group Meetings will be held 9am – 11:30am EST. Individual Meetings will be scheduled for 30-minute time slots between 9am and 3pm EST on the dates listed.
Please fill out the following application and you will be contacted within 2 business days regarding acceptance. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.