Fall 2022 Michigan Tech I-Corps Program
August 29 @ 4:00 pm - October 3 @ 7:00 pm EDTFree
This NSF I-Corps lean startup program provides a framework for innovators who would like to take their innovative idea, technology, or process commercial. An immersive workshop that will span six weeks, we will cover the fundamentals of customer engagement through customer discovery. Using the scientific process, and business model canvas teams will work to validate key business hypotheses. Their findings will help them to find and develop a scalable business model.
- Become eligible for the NSF I-Corps National Teams program and $50,000 grant for qualifying technologies and teams (only deep-tech, university-based teams who complete at least 20-30 customer discovery interviews)
- Upon completion of the workshop and the customer discovery interviews (30), you and/or your team may be eligible for a mini-grant of $1,000. Funds may be reimbursed for prototyping supply expenses and customer discovery interview travel expenses.
- Learn, practice, and hone your innovation skills.
- Improve the odds for commercial success.
- Expand your network of like-minded peers, instructors, investors, customers, and mentors.
- Prepare for applying to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer programs.
8/29 – Week 1: Workshop #1 – Kick-off, 4-7 pm
9/5 – Week 2: No meeting – Customer discovery/Labor day
9/12 – Week 3: Workshop #2, 4-6 pm
9/19 – Week 4: No meeting – Customer discovery
9/26 – Week 5: Workshop #3, 4-6 pm
10/3 – Week 6: Workshop #4 – Wrap-up, 4-7 pm
Please fill out the following application and you will be contacted within 2 business days regarding acceptance. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If the application link below does not open properly, it may be an issue with your network connection. Please try accessing the link through a different Wifi network if available. We apologize for the inconvenience.*